How cool is this? I had the honor to receive two blogging awards in just as many days.
The first was the Versatile Blogger Award from the lovely Nicola at What’s it all about and other stories. Sarah, the delightfully Introverted Blogger nominated me for the second honor – the Sunshine Award. Both of their blogs are spot-on and you should check them out!
Since I already accepted the Versatile Blogger Award and because the “rules” are similar, I’ll simply give you my responses to the Sunshine Award.
- Include the award’s logo in a post or on your blog. Happy to!
- Answer 10 questions about yourself. See below.
- 10-12 other fabulous bloggers must be nominated. Also see below.
- Link your nominees to the post and comment on their blogs, letting them know they have been nominated. Will do.
- Share the love and link the person who nominated you. See above. Thank you guys! I am honored and pleased as punch.
And now my answers:
- Favorite color: Any shade of blue.
- Favorite animal: Dogs.
- Favorite number: 5 because I was born on September 5th and there are 5 people in my sweet family.
- Favorite non-alcoholic drink: Diet Coke to a fault.
- Prefer Facebook or Twitter? I have a love-hate relationship with both.
- My passion: Do I have to pick just one? To heck with the Sunshine-y rules . . . my family, reading, writing, gardening, travel, and being in the mountains.
- Prefer getting or giving presents: Both.
- Favorite pattern: Paisley?
- Favorite day of the week: Friday because the weekend lies ahead.
- Favorite flower: All.
And now my nominees (this was hard – too many good ones to pick from!):
- Nolan Parker – Two writers who write about getting their first book published.
- Harper Faulkner at All Write – Harper is a reader, writer, and traveller.
- Tilly Bud at The Laughing Housewife – Guaranteed to make you smile.
- Subtle Kate – Interesting posts on just about everything.
- Vanessa Chapman – A freelance writer and actor.
- Tess Kann at Let’s Cut the Crap/How the Cookie Crumbles – She shares her irreverent view of life after sixty-five.
- Kreda at Just Words – You never know what you are going to get but it is always fun.
- JM McDowell – An archaeologist turned novelist.
- Judith Adwood at Diabetic Redemption – Don’t let the name of the blog fool you. Judith writes on all sorts of topics.
- Sarah at Sarsm – A English born, Scotland raised writer living in Germany.
- Ella Dee at Ella Dee Words – Her tag line is “I like Words. My favorite word is happy.” Gotta love that!
- Brad Geagley – One of the lucky published writers out there.
Blogging can feel like speaking (er, writing) in a vacuum. It is lovely to receive affirmation that someone out there is listening (reading) and liking what they hear (see). Thank you all!